Hydrodemolition (or Hydro Demolition) is the controlled use of high-pressure water jets to remove or demolish concrete. The hydrodemolition process is an incredibly safe and efficient way to cut and remove concrete without affecting steel substructures and other important parts of buildings or machinery.
As well as being incredibly effective, hydrodemolition is also gentler on the environment. High pressure water jetting is much quieter than the heavy-duty equipment that is traditionally used, reducing the acoustic impact on surrounding areas. Waste water can easily be collected and filtered to prevent cross-contamination, and our operations comply with ISO 14001 for responsible environmental management. For more detailed information about our processes and methods, please visit What is Hydro Demolition?
The Benefits of Hydro Demolition
- The method of demolition by high pressure water jet produces no vibration, meaning there will be no detrimental effects such as cracking in the surrounding areas of the structure.
- The water jetting process leaves behind an outstanding bonding surface, ready to receive new coatings or applications.
- It is an extremely affordable solution, making it a perfect option for businesses who are budget conscious.
- The robotic hydrodemolition technique enables optimum productivity and safety, resulting in less down time.
Types of Hydrodemolition
- Conventional or Handheld – in compact and difficult spaces, our expert operatives are able to perform hydrodemolition by hand-lancing. They can identify the correct water pressure and volume levels required, and utilise a selection of high-quality nozzles and attachments to achieve the best results for your project.
- Robotic – robots such as our Aqua Cutter 410A Evolution are suitable for larger jobs and perfect when absolute precision is required. Hydroblast regularly invest in the latest hydrodemolition equipment, for a fast, reliable service and minimal downtime.
Why Choose Us?
Hydroblast is one of the UK’s most experienced providers of water jet hydro demolition and other high pressure water jetting services. Our consistent results, customer service and attitude towards health and safety has resulted in a loyal customer base and exposure to different industries and projects. For example, our recent project of removing the external parapets of two flyover bridges.
We can provide both manual and robotic demolition depending on your needs and the demands of your site. Our highly trained team are equipped with market-leading machinery to ensure they can deliver the best possible standards. Hydroblast are also members of The Water Jetting Association for their expertise as well as safety and training. When you need a fast and effective service, Hydroblast are proud to serve.
Get in Touch...
Hydroblast are experts in concrete demolition, by high pressure water jet and over the years, we have acquired a wealth of experience and knowledge, as well as a team of safe and efficient operators and have become leaders in the use of hydrodemolition technology. We can help you to select the best approach for your project and advise you on all of the options that are available.