WJA Approved Training
Hydroblast Ltd. provide water jetting training, offering open courses every second Thursday of the month at our training base in Gatenby, North Yorkshire. Other dates are available on request. We also perform onsite training throughout Great Britain and Ireland, and we can even travel overseas. We will arrange a time to suit you, whether this is a working day, out of hours or during weekends. We offer this at no additional cost.
Hydroblast Ltd are registered and authorised company for delivering WJA Training Courses accredited by City & Guilds. The training courses we provide, and deliver are the Intellectual Property (IPR) of the Water Jetting Association.
We are also audited and subscribe to the WJA Standard Operating Procedure for Water Jetting Training. This training is accredited by City & Guilds, ensuring that you and your staff are trained to the water jetting industry standard.
The logo is and remains the property of City & Guilds and the WJA is allowed (under licence), to use it to promote their own Training Programmes and Courses that have been assessed by City & Guilds and deemed to have met their criteria’.
Benefits of WJA training
Course content is regularly updated in line with technological advances and changes to safety and regulatory requirements, so trainees and their employers can be certain they are receiving the best possible instruction.
Benefits for operatives:
• Successful candidates are registered with the WJA international database.
• Successful candidates are issued with a certificate and a WJA photo-ID card, detailing courses passed.
• WJA water jetting training is recognised by employers and is required by many contractors.
Benefits for employers:
• WJA training sets a benchmark for skills and operational standards
• It supports safe, productive and sustainable water jetting practice
• It supports workforce development and key operative retention
• It provides quality assurance for prospective customers.
Who should attend?
- New or inexperienced operators of water jetting equipment.
- Experienced operators who have not had previous training and who need to improve their knowledge and skills.
- Experienced operators who require re-training (refresher) due to changes in equipment specification or legislation.
- Managers and supervisors who are responsible for water jetting personnel
- Health and Safety managers
- Client-side contract or operational managers who obtain the services of water jetting specialists.
Open and Onsite Courses
During all of our courses, our first priority is your safety.
All of our courses offered are based on the WJA Blue and Red Codes of Practice. We use our own presentation equipment and provide course hand outs and WJA Codes of Practice as required.
We are licensed to supply the following courses.
- One Day Safety Awareness Course (SA)
We can also supply the additional training modules:
- Drain and Sewer Cleaning, (DS)
- Surface Preparation, (SP)
- Tube and Pipe Cleaning, (TP)
- Hydro-demolition, (HD)
- Pressure Washing (PW)
We provide successful candidates with a Certificate of Training and Operator ID cards which combines a passport size photo and the wording from the Medical Card on the reverse side.
Our courses offers all aspects of safety, ensuring that participants are aware of the fundamental functions of the machine. This enables the operator to have a full knowledge and understanding of how the machine is required to work whilst in operation whilst maintaining the highest safety standards.
Training can be either on your site or at our premises, where we have excellent training facilities. Our courses are both classroom-based and practical on the job, using the tools if applicable. This will vary depending on trainees’ experience.
Our Water Jetting Courses are presented to suit the majority of applications whether your company is a drain cleaning contractor or a large industrial national company.
Get in Touch…
Contact us today to learn more about our Water Jetting Training Services. You can also book our open courses online, simply select your preferred date on our calendar.